Neighbouring Mill Creek Ravine, Bonnie Doon is an established community with plans for vast
redevelopment of one of the cities first suburban shopping centres; Bonnie Doon Centre, into a
high-density transit orientated mix of retail and residential space. Alive with infill projects,
Bonnie Doon and nearby neighbourhoods Strathearn, Idylwylde, Holyrood and King Edward
Park are quickly becoming a diverse and vibrant area to live and a favourite between
Rutherford School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
Kelinworth School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
McNally School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
In the Neighbourhood:
1. Mill Creek Cafe – Mill Creek Cafe is an independent family run café, focused on preservative-free home made goods and considered Mill Creek’s hidden gem.
2. Ragazzi Bistro Italiano – Opening in April 2001, Ragazzi Bistro Italiano a 27 seat take-out
style pizzeria is now a “casual-elegant slice of Italian life bistro”. Featuring authentic hand tossed Italian and New York style pizza dough, Ragazzi is an unassuming eatery for Italian standards.
3. Acme Meats – A local hidden treasure, ACME Meat Market is the local go-to butcher shop known for their locally sourced product, personal service and expert advice on cooking, grilling and meal planning.
4. Transcend Coffee – In the core of Ritchie Market, Transcend Coffee is a grab-and-go stop proudly striving themselves on roasting exceptional coffees sourced in a way that honours the hard work of the farmers they partner with.
5. Juniper Cafe and Bistro – Juniper was created out of a desire to take a family and friend’s kitchen-get-together to a larger space where they could invite more friends to enjoy great food, beverages and lots of laughter. Juniper’s food is prepared fresh, seasonal, and homemade. They choose organic and local products whenever possible with a menu meant for sharing.
6. Cafe Bicyclette – Nestled in the French quarter of Edmonton, Cafe Bicyclette is a charming licensed cafe and restaurant providing an authentic French dining experience.
7. Blind Enthusiasm & Biera – Blind Enthusiasm is a many-headed beast driven by passion for great beer and fine food. This neighbourhood brewery in the Ritchie Market co-habits with restaurant Biera. Upstairs at the Ritchie Market is a barrel room dedicated to melding beer with the flavours of wine and spirit barrels next to The Community Table, a room reserved for special events, with charities being a particular focus.
8. Blue Chair Cafe – The Blue Chair has been an integral part of Edmonton’s restaurant community since 2004 featuring a relaxed cafe & live music venue offering a seasonal global menu, wine list & housemade desserts. The food is always eclectic and worldly, coming from wherever in the world inspirations lie and top touring acts, as well as notable local bands and musicians take the stage, offering a unique opportunity to have a wonderful dinner and a show all in one colourful space.