Like most older Edmonton neighbourhoods, streets are lined with beautiful elm trees and are laid out in a grid pattern with older homes making way for stunning new infills. It’s relative close proximity to downtown and West Edmonton and flexible zoning makes West Jasper Place prime redevelopment real estate. This central community is part of a city-wide renewal initiative to create safe and sustainable inner-city communities with completed upgrades of streetlights, back lane enhancements, sidewalks, curbs and gutters. This neighbourhood will see further development of more walkways, bike lanes and access to trails leading into MacKinnon Ravine.
Sherwood School (Designated Grade K-6 School)
Westlawn School (Designated Grade 7-9 School)
Jasper Place School (Designated Grade 10-12 School)
In the Neighbourhood:
1. Bon Ton Bakery – Dating back to 1956, Edmonton was in need of a unique, ethnic bakery. Bon Ton Bakery opened with one goal in mind—to create the finest bread and pastries with quality ingredients and no compromises. You’ll find freshly baked goods, locally sourced products and a line out the door nearly every weekend.
2. Delux Burger Bar – Delux Burger Bar serves the city’s best burger in a chic setting, with ‘round the world’ bottled beer list of over 50 selections or try one of our premium flavoured sodas. The cool space transforms into a vibrant lounge after dinner with urban beats filling the room.
3. Blackbird Cafe – Where locally roasted beans meet old world wines. Café Blackbird is a family run coffee, wine bar and live music haven. From vegan to meaty eats, they use only the finest and freshest ingredients!
4. Starbucks – Starbucks coffeehouses have become a beacon for coffee lovers everywhere and fortunately for residents of West Jasper Place, a neighbourhood location is situated on the corner of Stoney Plain and 149 Street.
5. Allegro Italian Kitchen – Allegro Italian Kitchen showcases a mix of classic and contemporary Italian dishes served in an understated modern setting with a focus on flavour, freshness and taste.
6. Crestwood Fine Wine & Spirits – Crestwood Fine Wine & Spirits opened its doors in 1994 making it one of the first privately owned wine stores in the city. Sharing staff knowledge and customer service has always been a cornerstone for the business, commonly hosting informative events and providing customers with the opportunity to explore new wines and expand their knowledge, this local gem remains one of the premier destinations for exclusive wines and fine spirits.
7. West Edmonton Mall – West Edmonton Mall is home to more than 800 stores and services including nine world-class attractions, two hotels, over 100 dining venues, the widest variety of one-of-a-kind retailers, and entertainment for all ages, West Edmonton Mall is a place where people come to shop, play, and stay. At 5.3 million square feet, the Mall is the size of a small city and is accredited as a zoo.
8. Rebel – With a stylish room and casual inviting atmosphere Rebel has become a gathering place for family and friends to enjoy a variety of innovative food & drink as lounge, restaurant and neighbourhood staple.